Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Mike Cope, Max Lucado, Rick Atchley, Chris Seidman, Tim Spivey, Donald Miller - All at One Event!

Ok, sorry to disappoint right off the bat, but that's a stretch. Or, it's hype, or it's me seeing if I can actually register some type of double digit blogger count for once in my life. Pathetic? Yes. Lame? Guilty. I'm truly not aware of an event on the immediate horizon where these men might all be speaking.

However, with the exception of Don Miller and Max Lucado, I do listen to each of these preachers on a regular basis in the comfort of my home or office. Never would I have dreamed just a few years ago you could go online and listen to powerful, inspiring lessons regularly - and for free! Each of these speakers have unique, God-given abilities to teach from the Bible and it is truly a blessing to be able to dial them up as often as possible and have some really constructive ideas coming out of my computer speakers.

While I won't give specific instructions for each website, the varous links/sites are very easy to follow to find the respective speaker's sermons online. Most are under Resources or Listen. You'll likely need a few audio players such as Real Player, Windows Media, etc. to play the sermons. Here are the links:

Mike Cope is the senior minister at Highland church of Christ in Abilene, Texas. Highland is fairly new to the podcasting world, but they are coming around and getting pretty reliable in delivery. Mike is certainly one of my fav's, but, when he's not in town, Dr. Jerry Taylor, professor at Abilene Christian, delivers some incredibly powerful lessons.
http://www.highlandchurch.org

Rick Atchley is senior minister at Richland Hills church of Christ in Richland Hills, Texas (Fort Worth area), one of the largest churches in the nation. Rick could be considered the online sermon granddaddy I suppose - his lessons have been online at least two years, maybe longer, and they are now videocast - cool! In addition to Rick - a great speaker - guest speakers on archived files include Max Lucado, Bob Russell (senior minister at the largest Christian church in the US) and Dr. Ken Green.
http://www.rhchurch.org

Chris Seidman is one of the more sought after Lectureship speakers and is senior minister at Farmers Branch church of Christ, one of the fastest growing churches in the southwest.
http://www.thebranch.org

Tim Spivey is the young, senior preacher at Highland Oaks church of Christ in Dallas. I've only heard a couple of Tim's lessons, but both were awesome.
http://www.hocc.org

And, last, for a different twist and direction from these speakers, how about "Pastor Rick" from the Imago Dei church in Portland. Imago Dei is the home church of Donald Miller, one of my favorite authors (Blue like Jazz, Searching for God Knows What). Pastor Rick is a bit different to say the least. Be prepared to "be stoked", and hear from a different, but passionate voice.
http://www.imagodeicommunity.com

Hopefully all of those links work (if not, let me know), and I'll correct the issue. You'll be blessed, and maybe so will your co-workers or family members. And, please, direct some links back my way - I don't think you could have too many.

Not to end on a negative note, but I do wish Max Lucado at Oak Hills church in San Antonio and Rick Warren at Saddleback church in California, had their lessons available online. Here's hoping that changes in the future.

No comments: