Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Media Hound

One of the highlights of living in a city of 40,000, versus, say, living in Dallas (our previous hometown) is the local news. Sorry, but I'll take a lead story where Frank, the local town eccentric, passed away any day of the week over another drive-by shooting incident -- any day.

So, while it's a little less than glamorous, your's truly was caught on film at the first two lead stories from our local news station yesterday. I am a local Donald Trump.

The lead story was taken at Lufkin High, where my oldest was recognized as one of four senior commended scholars. She was highlighted, and I was one of several proud parents looking on. Clip time - at least 10 seconds. The second story was our local Lion's Club, of which I am an esteemed Board member, is hosting our annual rodeo this week. Read with gripping interest here: http://www.lufkindailynews.com/

Well, you could barely see me in a corner shot for like 2 seconds - but, no matter, there I was in both lead stories. Wow, you like me - you really, really like me. Maybe I should run for the local daylilly club presidency.

No comments: