Thursday, August 17, 2006

The Pay Gap

My blogging friend Larry James has a good post today on unequal pay in the U.S. I've been ticked off about CEO pay for years now - and it has gotten so much worse in the past 5 years it's amazing more haven't questioned this ridiculousness. The CEO of Exxon steps down and gets hundreds upon hundreds of millions (if memory serves me his payout exceeded $500M, but I don't recall exactly), and the only thing he really did was watch gas prices rise and smile about it. Meanwhile the poor gal working the midnight shift at the c-store selling gas gets shot at and makes minimum wage.

Understand I have employees, and paying a worker a really good wage is not easy in the service sector. I will concur with anyone on that issue. But, the fact of the matter is, the gap is widening between entry level hourly pay and upper level executive pay at an incredible rate.

I highly recommend Larry's article - here's the link:

http://larryjamesurbandaily.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Agent X said...

Amen, Kent!

Corporate America is antithetical to the Kingdom of God. CEO's be warned. The Kingdom of God is at hand. REPENT!!!

Enough of me. Good post. I'll go check out Larry now...

Many blessings...