Thursday, August 10, 2006

Jesus (Hay-zeus) Part 7

I've been unbearably busy at work and have not contacted Jesus in a couple of weeks unfortunately. I tried him once about 10 days ago and he wasn't home. However, I am very happy he's got a phone now. I reached him yesterday and was a bit nervous to get an update...but Jesus told me he has landed a job! Wow, that news made my day, week and month. He had a couple of good leads working at two big companies as I've noted before, but he needed work. The Workforce center was made aware of a Dallas construction company in need of "mudders" - guys that tape, float and texture sheetrock - at a large project at one of the local hospitals.

Jesus hired on this past Monday and is working about 50 hours a week at a good wage. He really pushed for more money and the company baulked, but they observed his experienced, hard work for a day and agreed to a solid wage. Jesus is happy, but he still struggles with attitude issues I think. He's still bummed he needs subsidized housing and food stamps to make it work here, and I think he really wanted to get out of the construction business. But, he needed work desperately - and he has it - praise God!

Susan and our girls will take Jesus' daughter Jackie shopping on Saturday. I'm kind of nervous about it. And, I'm wondering how we'll get his kids in school supplies - but it will work out - just not sure how at this moment. I wish we had unlimited personal funds, but we don't and won't for several years as we have one going off to college and one a few years from college. But, it will all work out in time.

No comments: