Tuesday, August 22, 2006

My Rain Stinks

It's raining in southeast Texas. A cool, soaking August rain that comes so rarely. My apologies if it's not raining there in your world as the southern U.S. is still in a drought.

My attempt at creating rain on my own is beyond stinking, or sucky, or any other adjective - it just really doesn't work. Limited water pressure, evaporation, kinked garden hoses and lack of time are just a few of the problems in keeping a lawn and vegetation alive in a hot drought. I suppose I could spend $300/month on water and do a little better job, but it would still be a weak attempt to replace God's moisture - it would never work long term.

We just can't do it - we can't replace God and His blessings here on Earth. Our attempts will always be limited, temporal and just generally weak.

So, why do we try so hard to create our own rain?

1 comment:

PatrickMead said...

I'm cutting your blog out and pasting it on my refrigerator for my wife. We, too, have been behind on rain. My wife, in a desperate attempt to save the green stuff, drags hoses, buys one cheap sprinkler after another, and $120 a month later... we have brown grass. I like your application -- there are some things only God can do. Now... if she'll only let me concrete the yard and paint it green....