Thursday, June 22, 2006

Jesus (Hay-zeus) Part 4

I picked up Mike Thursday evening and we drove the short distance to Jesus' home. We met the kids - who are just really warm and friendly. Mike, Jesus and I chatted for about 30 minutes - and ended with a short prayer. After numerous conversations with Jesus, I learned for the first time with Mike that Jesus had been injured somewhat in Hurricane Rita - and was having some lingering vision problems. We left in somewhat of a fog wondering what to do next. I'd like to get Jesus into a opthamologist long-term, but this dilemma really just kind of added to the overwhelming-ness of it all. I still felt employment was job No. 1.

One thing I've learned through the process of helping Jeffrey and Jesus is -- you become unbelievably sensitive ways in which you can help people in despair - and you in a way are a lightning rod of resources to these people. It's really unbelievably impressive - not that you, yourself are doing something - but that God is working through you for their situation.

We got a huge break Wednesday in Jesus' employment situation. I was working on a project with Jack - a man I've known several years. Jack manufactures synthetic marble in a warehouse here. He told me yesterday he was looking for help. Again, the lightning rod of sensitivity bolted me upright.

I immediately started asking several questions and realized quickly Jesus was the man for this job. Jack was more than eager to meet Jesus with his shop foreman. So, this morning I picked up Jesus at 7:00 and drove him over to Jack's shop - a really nice facility. I introduced them and we spoke briefly. Jesus went into a bit of a rambling mode and I kind of helped direct the conversation back to the issue at hand. I knew this was not my purpose here - so I bowed out and left it up to them.

Say a short prayer with me that we get Jesus this job today.

1 comment:

preacherman said...

Great post!
I enjoyed reading your post and your blog.
I am looking forward to reading more of your blog.
Great thoughts and new insights.
Thanks.