Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Lord is Near

Philippians 4:6 is one of the more quoted New Testament verses. "Don't be anxious." Yet, these are anxious times to me it would seem. Gas prices are up. "Up" is too kind a word to describe college tuition prices these days.

So, why wouldn't we be very, very anxious - nervous if you will. Don't forget the verse before Philippians 4:6 - verse 5 states very plainly - "the Lord is near". He is here...calming nerves, providing guidance and counseling, ready to hear us. But, we can't forget He's right here - and not way, way out there somewhere.

5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

gautami tripathy said...

However much I try not to be anxious, I am...as you say hard times, be it your country or mine( I am Indian)

Yes, lord is near, but that does not stop me from being nervous either.

One thing I dilligently follw which my dad taught me is to be always polite and gentle.

I am glad I am here.