Tuesday, May 31, 2005

ABUNDANT THINKING

The following is a really great (and short) story I picked up from Tim Sanders, author of one of my favorite books - Love is the Killer App.

A STORY ABOUT ABUNDANCE THINKING

After giving a talk to CUNA Mutual Group in Orlando this year, I received the following story from Leanna Glenna. It supports the idea that our attitude can determine our altitude when it comes to serving and giving as away of life.

While working from a home office, I frequently use Kinkos and The UPS Storeto print and mail training materials, presentations, proposals, etc. On a rushed Saturday recently, I had some materials for a client that had tobe there by Tuesday AM. I was leaving on a business trip on Sunday, so Saturday was the day for printing and mailing. Kinkos told me that 5 PM wasthe absolute earliest they could complete my order. Ouch! The UPS Store closes at 5 PM. I drove to the UPS Store and asked how late the sole worker would be there.With a smile she asked, "how late do you need me to be here?" I meeklyresponded, " 5:15 or so?" She explained that she had her sister’s car andcould stay as late as needed. "Just bring me the materials when you getthem. I will be here."

At 5:20, I rushed through the door feeling very stressed. Belinda (we are now on first name basis) smiled a gap-toothed David Letterman smile and asked me not to worry. She chatted about her husband and 2 children while she packed, weighed and priced my very important client materials. When she was done, I expressed my sincere thanks and explained how grateful I was for the service she was giving me. She beamed and explained, "This morning, I asked the Lord to give me someone to bless. He gave me you."Belinda understands abundance thinking. I am humbled by her attitude.

Forward this note to a friend and have them visit www.timsanders.com<http://www.timsanders.com/> to sign up for this newsletter!

good stuff Tim - something to think about.

No comments: