Friday, July 18, 2008

Where is the Lord (in that)

God speaks through the prophet Jeremiah in the first part of Jeremiah and asks the Israelites why they did not ask this question:

"Where is the Lord?"

Profound little group of words. It's a short statement I haven't been asking too much lately to be frank - "Where is the Lord?"

Just how many demands or requests do I get daily?
How many "opportunities of a lifetime" do I see weekly?
How many non-Lordly things do I see, do or speak hourly?
How many fires to put out come up regularly?

I need to ask that question much more frequently

"Where is the Lord?"...... in any of that?

Israel Forsakes God
1 The word of the LORD came to me:
2 "Go and proclaim in the hearing of Jerusalem:"
'I remember the devotion of your youth, how as a bride you loved me
and followed me through the desert, through a land not sown.
3 Israel was holy to the LORD, the firstfruits of his harvest;
all who devoured her were held guilty, and disaster overtook them,'
"declares the LORD.
4 Hear the word of the LORD, O house of Jacob, all you clans of the house
of Israel.
5 This is what the LORD says: "What fault did your fathers find in me, that
they strayed so far from me? They followed worthless idols and became
worthless themselves.
6 They did not ask, 'Where is the LORD, who brought us up out of Egypt and
led us through the barren wilderness, through a land of deserts and rifts, a
land of drought and darkness, [a] a land where no one travels and no one lives?'
7 I brought you into a fertile land to eat its fruit and rich produce. But you
came and defiled my land and made my inheritance detestable.
8 The priests did not ask, 'Where is the LORD ? 'Those who deal with the law
did not know me; the leaders rebelled against me. The prophets prophesied
by Baal, following worthless idols.
9 "Therefore I bring charges against you again,"declares the LORD.
"And I will bring charges against your children's children.

1 comment:

preacherman said...

Wonderful post brother.
I am going to be reading your blog regularly. Sorry I haven't. My life has been crazy lately. Yet, God is so good and is working. I give him all the glory even in suffering.
I am so glad you are blogging again.
Kent I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I know the Lord has great plans for your life.
I hope you have a blessed weekend brother!!