Thursday, October 12, 2006

Shawn McDonald - Inspring Performer


Shawn McDonald
Originally uploaded by amp6775.
A couple of years ago, my older daughter gave me a Shawn McDonald CD - a contemporary Christian artist I had never really heard of prior to this gift. After listening to it all the way through dozens and dozens of times, I can definitely say it's one of the best cd's I've heard and has really ministered to my spirit - not something you feel very often in this world of consumeristic music. I often listened to Shawn while driving to church as I was mentally preparing to teach a class.


Needless to say, when my younger daughter told me Shawn was coming to Lufkin and she wanted to go with me to the concert, I was surprised and delighted (trust me when a 15 year old girl asked her dad to do something, it's big). The concert was awesome. The best way to describe it would be to think of the old MTV Unplugged show - and multiply that by 10. Shawn and his three musician buddies were definitely the most talented group of musicians I've ever seen in concert from a mastering your instrument perspective.

The music, message and lyrics were profound. Shawn seems to be a humble, no non-sense guy who just loves writing deep, spiritual lyrics and performing his craft. Go see Shawn if you have a chance.

2 comments:

preacherman said...

Kent,
Thanks for letting me know about Shawn McDonald. I will have to definately check him out when I have a chance.

Thanks.

R U S S said...

I would love to go to an SM concert. he is great!